Chief Financial Officer
Operational improvement and cost savings – Success raising capital and debt
Managing growth of public and private companies
In depth knowledge of governance and planning, finance, IT, internal control, accounting
Upgrading systems and staff –Creative and innovative solutions
Twenty years’ experience – Chartered Accountant, B.Comm., M.B.A.
Mr. Sherman is chief financial officer at Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation (TSX: AI) and its manager Canadian Mortgage Capital Corporation. Atrium is Canada's premier non-bank lender specializing in safe and high-yield investments, with assets of about $450 million. He helped take the company public in 2012 and since then raised six tranches of common shares and convertible debt in the public markets.
His previous experience includes Vice President, Finance and CFO at
Pure Nickel Inc. (TSX: AI) a junior mining
and Herbert A Watts Limited, a business services and customer
relationship management company with 2,000 employees. He
implemented many process improvements and arranged the refinancing and
subsequent sale of the company.
Before that, Mr. Sherman was Vice President, Finance and CFO at Visible Genetics Inc., a medical instrumentation and diagnostics company. He set up systems and managed administration and finance as the company grew from 10 to 200 employees and helped drive the company’s initial public offering on Nasdaq, as well as two private placements. The company was subsequently sold to Bayer.
Acerus Phamaceuticals Inc. Director since 2011
Cleanfield Alternative Energy Inc. Director and chair of audit committee 2008 to 2010
Mytrak Health System Inc. Director 2005 to 2007
Blue Link Associates Limited. Advisory Board since 2006
Terragram Investments Limited . Director since 1981
• FCPA, FCA (Fellow) and
Chartered Accountant, Ontario.
• Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute, and Certified Investment Manager, Canadian Securities Institute.
• Partners, Directors and Senior Officers Examination, Canadian Securities Institute.
• Canadian Securities Course, graduated “with honours.”
• MBA, York University, graduated “with distinction”, on Dean’s List, awarded William M. Mercer Scholarship
• B.Comm., University of Toronto, graduated “with high distinction”, received Clarkson Foundation Research Award